Chicken Butter Masala Recipe
Here we are sharing an easy to make the recipe of delicious Indian Chicken Butter Masala with you. People love to have butter chicken masala with roti, butter naan or jeera rice. You will find this dish so similar to Butter Chicken but making both dishes are different.
Punjabi Butter chicken (Murgh Makhani) is marinated in yogurt and then grill it. Then cook it in tomato gravy without using onions and in the end, we use cream. But to make Chicken Butter Masala we use onion tomato gravy. Then we take the marinated chicken and saute it before adding in onion tomato gravy.
We use strong garam masala to make Punjabi Butter chicken but to make chicken butter masala we use milder spices powder and masala. So the main ingredients are garam masala and good chicken masala for this recipe.
People love to enjoy chicken butter masala with jeera rice, ghee rice or plain roti.
- 1/2 kg chicken
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon red chili powder
- Salt as needed
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon garam masala
- little haldi (turmeric)
- 1 tablespoon butter or oil
- 3 large tomatoes finely chopped and deseeded
- 3 medium onion cubed
- salt as needed
- 10 to 12 kaju (cashew) nuts
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander (Dhaniya) powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1½ tablespoon powder
- 1 tej patta (bay leaf)
- 3 hari elaichi (green cardamom)
- 2 to 3 laung (cloves)
- 1 dalchini stick (cinnamon) small
- 1½ teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon kasuri methi (fenugreek leaves dried)
- 2 tablespoon cream
- few coriander leaves for garnishing
How to make Chicken Butter Masala
Preparation of Chicken Butter Masala
1. Marinate the chicken with the given ingredients in above marination section. Now set aside the chicken until we need it. If you want a restaurant-style dish overnight marination is the must.
2. Take 1 tbsp butter and heat in a pan.
3. Now fry the onions with butter till the raw smell goes away.
4. Fry (saute) tomatoes with salt.
5. Add garam masala powder, coriander powder and chili powder along with Kajus (cashews). Mix and fry until the raw smell goes away.
6. Now blend all the ingredients and make it cool together with 1 cup of water.
Making Chicken Butter Masala
1. Heat the pan with extra butter and fry cinnamon, cloves, bay leaf, and cardamom altogether.
2. Now add some ginger garlic paste and fry it till the smell goes away.
3. Then add marinated chicken in the mixture and saute it on a medium heat until the masala dries up.
4. Now pour the tomato onion puree in the pan and add chili powder and masala powder as needed. Also, add the needed water in the gravy to adjust the consistency.
5. Cook the chicken with gravy until the chicken turns tender.
6. Add some Kasuri methi and stir well.
7. Now add cream and stir well again. If you are using more kajus in the puree you can skip the cream.
8. Add the chopped coriander leaves for garnishing.
9. Your dish is ready, you can enjoy the delicious Indian Chicken Butter Masala with butter naan, roti or jeera rice.
Chicken Butter Masala Nutrition Facts
You can find Butter Chicken Recipe here.